- Go to the Library Big Menu and under the New column, select Form Letter.
- Type the name of the form letter in the New Form Letter Name field.
- For the Directory field, use the default or select another one using the drop-down list.
- Select a Format. Use the default format or select a different one from the list on the left.
- Click the Add button. (IQ will open the Form Letter Library record)
- Enter the Issue Code(s) and choose from the existing list.
- Check the Add to Message check box to ensure the issue is tracked in correspondence.
- Click the Edit Content button.
- In the editing window, type the body of the letter.
- Click the Save button.
- Change the status from Draft to Approved.
Form Letters with a status of Approved will be available to assign in Message records. To make a letter available even though it is not Approved, check the Assignable box in the Library record page.
How to Search for a Form Letter by Letter Name:
- In the Library Big Menu, select All Form Letters in the Find Form Letters column.
- In the Filter Text… field type the Letter Name or Content text and press Enter.
- Click the Plus icon to expand the content of a Form Letter or click the Gear settings icon and select
- Expand All Rows.
- To change the sort order, select the Sort button. Note: The default sort order is Created Date (Desc) (which is most recent first), but can be changed to Document ID, Document Name, Pending Message Count, Revised Date or Total Message Count.
How to Edit a Form Letter:
When the text of a standard Form Letter must be changed, you can make a new version of that letter while retaining the original letter and all references to it in Message records.
Setting the Status of a new version to Approved automatically changes the previous version(s) to Inactive. You can make as many versions of a letter as necessary to keep the letter current.
How to Make a New Version of a Form Letter:
In the Library Big Menu, type the name of the existing Form Letter in the Quick Search field.
Click the Form Letter name in the drop-down list to open the Library record.
In the Form Letter record page, open the Actions drop-down menu and select New Version.
If there are any open Messages (and/or Campaign Response Rules) with the older version of the Form Letter, then select either “Make a new version, leave open messages unchanged” or “Update messages for all versions, to the new version”.
Click the Continue button. (IQ creates the new form letter and opens the Library record)
Click the Edit Content button to make any updates to the letter and click the Save button.
Change the Status to Approved.
Click the Save button.
Change the status from Draft to Approved.